• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Size of dwarf cichlid's

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Mike what is Your opinion on keeping dwarfs with Threadfin Rainbows ? Someone here suggested them as fry friendly dither .
I kept them, and they are good dithers. They have very small mouths, so they don't offer threat to even small fry. Mine really liked micro-worms.

cheers Darrel

ErtyJr

Hey there just noticed this thread. Wanted to throw out a few things you mentioned that caught my eye.

I have a male A. Cacatuoides that is pretty close to 4" at the moment. He's only about a year old. He not be 4 but he's not far from it.

Secondly, I keep celestial pearl danios as dither. They have small mouths and mine tend to stay near mid water. I have raised 2 batches of fry with them in the tank k withough a problem. I believe their mouths are to small to bother with the fry.

szkodnik

Hey there just noticed this thread. Wanted to throw out a few things you mentioned that caught my eye.

I have a male A. Cacatuoides that is pretty close to 4" at the moment. He's only about a year old. He not be 4 but he's not far from it.

Secondly, I keep celestial pearl danios as dither. They have small mouths and mine tend to stay near mid water. I have raised 2 batches of fry with them in the tank k withough a problem. I believe their mouths are to small to bother with the fry.

Hey friend , and Your females cacato size ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….