• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rob in Atlanta GA/Herndon VA

ltrepeter2000

5 Year Member
Hello everyone,

I slowly have gotten into the hobby over the last 5 years, found that fish were my stress relief from the Army. After moving back to the DC area I found a group called GWAPA, Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association, and have been hooked on planted tanks ever since. Really been the last two years that has seen me breed several species of fish and learn how to really grow plants.

My focus right now seems to be dwarf cichlids, since they work well with planted tanks and are a joy to watch breed. I should be back in the DC area between mid Feb and mid March as I am down in Atlanta right now on a temporary project for Home Depot. Many thanks go out to my girlfriend, Lori, who I have slowly gotten semi hooked on the tanks as she is maintaining everything back home while I am gone.

Without further ado, here is a quick decription of my tanks. I look forward to questions about anything at all.

Thanks
Rob

1) 120 Gallon tank that has a High Backed Headstander(8 inches),
Black Banded Leporinus(13 inches), one Boehsman Rainbow fish (6-7
inches), five Green Severums (4 - 4 inches each, 1- 8 inches), one silver dollar, two plecos(1 12 inches, 1 8 inches), some convict fry(3-5 inches) from the 75 gallon.

(1) 75 Gallon tank, planted with swords, anubias, and several varieties of java fern. Two large plecos, 4 clown loaches (3-6 inches), a Sergeant Major Botia(6 inches) and a breeding pair of Convict cichlids with about 40 offspring varying from 3-5 inches right now many of which have paired off.

(1) 65 Gallon tank: Primarily aquatic farm tank/garden. This tank also houses 12 Opalin Gouramis, 15 corys(several types), 35 Nerite Snails , 2 Amano Shrimp, Unknown quantity of Cherry Red Shrimp, pair of pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi, one male betta, one knife fish, 8 brilliant rasboras, 4 different rainbow fish juveniles and 2 SAEs.

(2) 55 gallon tanks
1. Planted with a variety of Swords and some Java Fern and Moss. Guppies, ameca splendens, and an emerald catfish.
2. Planted primarily with swords and grass plants. 5 Serpae Tetras, 2 bristlenose plecos(1 Albino), 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, 2 raphaels, 4 cories, 1 Buenos Aires tetras, 10 other varying tetras, 6 Pelvichromis Pulcher(Kribs) Overloaded I know and am working on relocating many of the fish to other tanks.

(2) 40 gallon tank
1. Primarily is planted stem plants and anubias with 6 gardneri gold killies, 2 female apisto caucotides, assorted Platys and mollies. Several ghost shrimp and Cherry Red Shrimp.
2. In Atlanta with me while I am on a temporary project for Home Depot. 15 juvenile Apistogramma sp. Rotpunkt, 6 livebearers as yet unidentified, gardneri killis, 6 black neons. Planted with dwarf hairgrass, hygro "sunset", hygro diformis, 2 micro swords, several crypts and stem plants

(3) 30 gallon tanks
1. Pair of blue opalin gouramis and some guppies.
2. Mollies and a breeding pair of Apisto Panduro.
3. Tank is planted with Java Ferns and Java Moss as well as a few Cryptocoryne The fish are Ameca Splendens, one pleco and 2 Siamese Algae Eaters. Scattering of Cherry red shrimp

(2) 20 gallon tanks
1. Java Moss, and one sword plant. Breeding tank for a pair of Pseudocrenilabrus Nicholsi – Female is currently holding fry in her mouth
2. Planted with Swords, crypts, anubias, java ferns as well as several unknown stem plants and grasses. Fish are endlers livebearers, 4 Bolivian Rams, 4 pencilfish and 8 Corys.

(2) 15 gallon tanks
1. Heterandia Formosa species (several generations) and one pleco.
2. Houses 2 golden wonder killifish and is heavily planted with Anubias, Java Moss, and several hairgrass varieties.

(4) 10 gallon tanks
1 and 2 are golden wonder killi grow out tanks
3. No fish Use it to grow mangroves. Hope to have an open air
mangrove tank much later as these develop. Not doing so well at the moment
4. 4 Amano shrimp growing java moss and breeding Cherry red shrimp in this tank as well.

Also currently have a 40 gallon breeder, 45 gallon breeder that will become plant farm tanks once I buy a house. One 14 gallon nanocube and three ten gallons and a couple one-five
gallons that I am not using right now. Keep them for grow out tanks and recovery
tanks.

Thats me to begin with.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….