• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. panduro breeding question

New pair of A. panduro, and they just spawned about a week after introducing to tank. They are a known pair from before, and I’ve read that they typically form a true (as close to as is considered in nature, anyway) monogamous pair, but I was curious if this was one of the species I’ve heard about where the male also cares for the fry? I guess just curious if I need to worry about male eating the fry and/or need to remove him once eggs hatch and fry are out? It’s a 20 long with two caves, several other “caves” or puts the female dug herself in sand under rocks and driftwood, and heavily planted (6 swords, two Cryptocorynes, some Ludwigia, and about 2/3 covered in floating plants.

Sorry if too dumb a question, and thanks in advance for any response.

apistobob

5 Year Member
Each fish has its own personality so blanket statements are always unreliable because your fish may act differently. That said, in my experience panduro males will often assist in care and rarely tuen on the female or fry.

Each fish has its own personality so blanket statements are always unreliable because your fish may act differently. That said, in my experience panduro males will often assist in care and rarely tuen on the female or fry.
Yeah, I’m aware that each fish can be different, but the only Apistogramma I have any experience with at all is cacatuoides (and very minimal with agassizii), so wasn’t sure about panduro.

Thanks for the reply/info/observations!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….