• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mixing fry

farm41

5 Year Member
I have about 25 M. ramerezi fry and about 30 A. panduro fry, they are both 7 weeks old and about the same size. Is anything wrong with putting them all in the same growout tank? It will be in a 20L for a week and then a 75 when I get it set up.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:)
Those two are pretty easy to tell apart, so the 'which is which' issue is ok. My concern would be whether one species was a better food competitor than the other. Panduro can be a bit aggressive.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Since I seem to always have trouble finding grow out room.....i have grown apisto fry out with all kinds of other fry. Other types of dwarf cichlids, bettas, ancistrus fry, just about anything else I have ever bred.
Always seems to work out OK. I don't mix apisto fry though. The females are still too hard for me to tell apart from species to species!

Rich

Neil

I love spawns of Panduro and nijsenni, because I can mix them with anything. They are one of those rare cases where they are easy to distinguish (even 1/4"females) from just about everything else. I would say there is absolutely no problem in mixing them. The nijsenni-group aggression issue should not be a problem, nor should competition for food, for quite some time.
Neil

farm41

5 Year Member
Okay then, I get to free up a tank. Now, how about krib fry in there too? They are kind of small though.

thanks guys

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….