• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recent purchases and fry

Jacobus

November and December last year I was lucky enough to get hold of 4 A. psammophila, (of which I sent some pictures before, when they were still minute). Three males and one female I can now establish. Furthermore A. sp. Jurua (sp. cruzeiro), a couple and A. flebellicauda, a couple. The A. flabellicauda male is very active and eager but the female does not seem to be interested in him. So she get chased a lot. But hiding places galore in a 100x40x45 tank.
The A. sp. Juruá, in a 60x30x30 tank, surprised me with fry two weeks ago. The exact place where the female hid her eggs and hatched offspring I have not been able to find, only her behaviour and colour made me suspect the presence of 'something'. For that reason I made sure to have some BBS available daily. Then one day I simply saw a small number of fry with her. The pictures: the third one: fry 1-3 days free-swimming and pictures 1 and 2: mum with two weeks old fry. The water values around the time that there were eggs and newborn fry: pH just under 7, gH 1, kH 2, EC 125-140 and temp 25 C. Until two days ago she made sure the male was confined to a far corner. Now she seems to allow him some more room to move.

Attachments

• IMG_9542.jpg
    IMG_9542.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_9555.jpg
    IMG_9555.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20240107_154118_3.jpg
    IMG_20240107_154118_3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….