• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I don't know

MickeM

5 Year Member
Yepp.. females in all the pics..
But as long as you have any grey/white mucus-like substance in/on the sand+roots.. (bacteria!!??), I guess you will have to do something with the water-quality!! .. Maybe try waterchanges more often, but not extremely large ones.. 10-25 % ???

This white-grey effect may also occur on new roots/leaves recently added to a tank!! (Proteins released from the root.. resulting in bacteria thriving on it!!??..Some snails will eat this!! )
You may also slightly change type/amount of food if you have any problems .. froozen brineshrimp is OK!!
(Flake food can often results in more restproducts !, but it contain lots of good vitamin+ else..)

MickeM

5 Year Member
Ok .. That may be too much in total amount.. 1-2 times/day should be enough..

I would strictly focus on feeding the female/s.. Males are often strong enough to "steal" some food anyway..:)

and.. I would also change to feeding with "Worms" to 2-4 times a week!!! ..
..and instead feed the rest of the times with froozen Artemia (Grown Brine Shrimps)..!!

(If you meen Black Worms.. remember that they often contains large amounts of fat!!! This is often more difficult for bacteria to decompose!!
and this may result in a worse waterquality than "normal"!!
Blood Worms(Red Mosquito-larvae) lives in the bottom sediments in the nature so they may also contain more fatty or other "ingredients" than Black/White Mosquito-larvae.. Artemia is more rich in proteins I guess!!??)

Pellegrino

I feed them blood worms the red ones I will go out tomorrow after work and buy those adult brine shrimp what about life adult brine shrimp if they have them should I get those

Pellegrino

I will try anything any suggestions you think I should do I have six tanks Now set up 3 are with apisto's any ways to set up a new one just let me know even with a different type of species let me know

Pellegrino

I am noticing my one orange male keeps lifting his fin up and twitching his side black line the lateral line is very very distinctive black that he keeps lifting his fin up and twitching on one of the females

MickeM

5 Year Member
I am noticing my one orange male keeps lifting his fin up and twitching his side black line the lateral line is very very distinctive black that he keeps lifting his fin up and twitching on one of the females

He is probably trying to court/impress the female..to convince her that "he is the right one"..:)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….