• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma flabellicauda breathing heavily

Bramgroet

Perhaps choose a less delicate dwarf cichlid?
That probably wasn’t the problem here. The hobbyist I got them from says that the same species of fish from his tank so the brothers and sister and parents aren’t doing so well either. I will probably be getting new ones from him.

Also I think that a cardinal or pencilfish might be even more susceptible for diseases. I have the right waterparamaters feed them well pretty good waterchange schedule. I wouldn’t know what went wrong on my side.

Bramgroet

Yes it is a bummer really. Would you have a clue what I did wrong? Or is it just a case of bad luck. I am getting new ones but they are much smaller and these were really nice specimens.

MacZ

We all have lost fish all of a sudden and they both showed that typical dwarf cichlid syndrome. I doubt this is on you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….