• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st Peru Apisto Order of the Season

wethumbs

5 Year Member
How long do you quarantine the fish and so you treat them with dewormer medication?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'll start hitting the new fish with metronidazole and praziquantel tonight after a round of water changes. Fish that come in looking good and stay that way could start going out the door as soon as next week but if something is the least bit in doubt it will sit. I like to have fish looking good for a week or so before they leave.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
so are they good enough for pics exspecially tyhe barlowi and the blkchins

Hee hee hee...shortly. You'll like the black chins. I'll be offering them in 2 sizes/prices as I got a number of them mixed in with some of the other Apistos.

The barlowi look good but aren't to the stunning state yet.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
barlowi male

barlowimale.jpg

cacatuoides (only a few males have red spots-these will be listed seperatly)

cacasmallred.jpg

cacalgred.jpg

sp. black chin

blkchinlg.jpg

blkchinchin.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Shots of 3 different agaissizii (lot's of the really big "red head" one-a few of the smaller ones look like they should grow up to be just as nice)

redheadagi.jpg

lgagifull.jpg

lgagi.jpg

lgagiclose.jpg

rainbowagi.jpg

yellowagi.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
They are doing perfectly. And there look to be a pretty good number of males in the mix unlike the last few baatches I brought in that were 85%+ female. None of them are big and showy yet so I didn't take any pictures of them. I will get some shot and posted though.

wethumbs

5 Year Member
The barlowi looks like the white form, not the red as listed. Any better pictures of the barlowi?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The barlowi looks like the white form, not the red as listed. Any better pictures of the barlowi?

I would agree. I ordered them as barlowi. Then the invoice/pack list had them as red barlowi. And now that I have the fish I'd say they are not the red form. I'll get more pictures taken as soon as I can.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
So here's how the pricing will work:

Basic stock and I pick the fish: list price
Request stock: add $10/pr (this applies when you want a specific trait in a given fish-like a red tail white trim agassizii male)
Premium stock: list price (these fish will be pictured and listed separately)
-you will be able to order the exact fish pictured

Make sense? I get so many requests for specific fish or traits and these fish are pretty limited in a group. So this will let those of you who want top end fish for just a little bit more to get them for breeding projects and those of you who just want nice healthy fish but don't care about the color types/patterns to also do that.

Here's the pricing:

Apistogramma agassizii $25/pr or 6/$60 (unsexed)
Apistogramma cacatuoides $20/pr or 6/$50 (unsexed)
Apistogramma baenschi $30/pr or 6/$80 (unsexed)
Apistogramma bitaeniata $20/pr or 6/$50 (unsexed)
Apistogramma barlowi $40/pr or 6/$100 (unsexed)
Apistogramma sp. Black Chin small pair $25/pr or $6/$60 (unsexed)

Premium-pictures will follow (I'll also add more fish as I get pictures taken and tank space to house each male show):
Apistogramma cacatuoides (males w/ red spot(s)) $35/pr
Apistogramma sp. Black Chin jumbo show males $40/pr

wethumbs

5 Year Member
Not really.

Just want to clarify. Does the 6/$100 A. barlowi mean unsexed or 3 pairs or can we request 2 males 4 females? Same question for the small sp. Black Chin.

So how does the premium pricing apply to group of 6? Lets say I want 1 premium pair with 2 other pairs of the same kind from the basic stock or request stock. How do you calculate the pricing then.

Also in the event we end up getting a 'Brokeback' pair, how do we deal with that?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Pair pricing is pair pricing and I don't have any volume discount pricing for pairs. The 6 lot pricing is for a swing of the net catch of fish. I'll try to incluide at least one fish of each sex in the mix but it's not a way to get a discount for multiple pairs of a given species. I get these fish in in 20-80 counts depending on the species and the fill. That's completely unsexed fish...hell more often then not I'm pulling odds and ends of other species out of a given group of fish. Sometimes I get female heavy batches of fish and other times its male heavy. Once and a while I get a nearly even split but that's not the norm.

Premium Fish pricing is for a single pair for what will be a pictured male and a random nice female (the females don't really have much variation amomg them). There is no volume prices available on Premium Fish as I don't have many of any of them!

So I think you are looking for a large volume or multiple species discount pricing. PM me what you are thinking about and I'll let you know if I can offer you volume pricing other then what is offered in the 6 lot pricing...something along the lines if you are after 8 or more pair of fish.

As to getting pairs...I do my best to pull out males and females when shipping out pairs. If I get it wrong either it doesn't happen often or I just don't hear about it. (If someone out there has had a bad experience when ordering pairs of fish from me PLEASE feel free to jump in) Because we are talking about wild fish and a group of fish that are known to have "sneaker" males (subdominant males that take on female coloring/patterning) all I can say is that I do my best to get it right but that is a risk of buying fish and not picking them out yourself. I try to treat people who buy from me in the same way I would like to be treated so we would have to cross that bridge if it were to happen. (And trust me I've been burned on some VERY expensive fish-bought all 7 Apistos available totaling $400+ and received all females dispite being told there were 4 or 5 males and a few females...I was not taken care of and won't buy from that source again)

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Not really.

Just want to clarify. Does the 6/$100 A. barlowi mean unsexed or 3 pairs or can we request 2 males 4 females? Same question for the small sp. Black Chin.

So how does the premium pricing apply to group of 6? Lets say I want 1 premium pair with 2 other pairs of the same kind from the basic stock or request stock. How do you calculate the pricing then.

Also in the event we end up getting a 'Brokeback' pair, how do we deal with that?

I see part of the problem! I missed typing in "(unsexed)" behind the barlowi and sp. black chin. Corrected now! Sorry.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sorry for the slow replies everyone...I've been working against a remodel dead line and I think I'm finally getting caught up!

Several of you have asked for a red fin white trim agassizii. This batch doesn'thave any of the solid red with white trime males in it. Most of the fish have some amount of red to them but not the "classic" red with white lines.

I'll be posting pictures of the fish for sale tonight and tomorrow (inbetween hanging drywall and insulation). I'm aiming to ship out on Monday assuming the weather is good. That means I'd like to have everyone's orders figured out and paid for by Sunday evening at the latest.

Everything looks good to go except the barlowi and atahualpa (the atahualpa are coming around but the barlowi started looking funny as of Tuesday night).

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I pulled the agassizii out and starting taking pictures. Once I got done I counted the females, all 8 of them, and realized I have that many sold justed on orders placed right after the fish came in! That means that posting pictures of given fish and letting you choose the ones you want isn't practical at this point. It will just have to be reserved for the few special fish in a given batch. Sorry!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….