• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st Peru Apisto Order of the Season

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma eremnophyge
Apistogramma sp emerald
Apistogramma barlowi
Apistogramma rositae (Harlaquin)
Apistogramma baenschi
Apistogramma sp. Black Chin
Apistogramma sp. Rio Jurua (yes, this is most likely something else cool)
Apistogramma nanay
Apistogramma norberti
Apistogramma sp.Winkelfleck
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma cinilabra
Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis

I do not have box size or shipping cost info yet so I can't quote prices just yet. I also need to move out some of the current stock (www.aquaticclarity.com/fish and http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/s...lii-and-trifasciatus-anyone&p=64373#post64373) to make some space and free up some funds before I can place a Peru order.

My order for Peru would need to go in soon so if you would like anything let me know right away and don't forget to order some of my current in stock!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. sp. Emerald from Peru??? My guess is that it isn't A. sp. Smaragd/Emerald (= A. geisleri "Smaragd/Emerald") from around Alenquer, Brazil. It will be interesting to see what they - and A. sp. Jurua - actually are.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree Mike...the sp. Emerald are toward the lower end of the Peru Apisto. pricing but the sp. Rio Jurua are at the high end (roughly $50 per fish). I'm VERY tempted by the Rio Jurua thoughas the few fish that came in last year from Peru labled as that were REALLY nice fish.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Any one else have interest in getting any of the Peru Apistos? As of right now only 2 people have contacted me looking for some of them.

garcia

5 Year Member
Jeff,

I'll take a chance on the Apistogramma sp. Rio Jurua 4 (or 2 pair)
and Apistogramma eremnophyge (4)

Ralph

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Now to move some current stock! I'd REALLY like to bring in Peru and it may come down to some prepaying to make it happen as a worst case option.

sheag35

once again some superb fish being offered and i'm stuck in Ireland where the choice of apistos is terrible, unless you know a v.nice ebay shop who will ship to Ireland (hi ste)... i suppose the cost to ship to Ireland would be astronomical aquaticclarity but if not i could be tempted

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
once again some superb fish being offered and i'm stuck in Ireland where the choice of apistos is terrible, unless you know a v.nice ebay shop who will ship to Ireland (hi ste)... i suppose the cost to ship to Ireland would be astronomical aquaticclarity but if not i could be tempted

Sorry, but as of right now I do not ship out of country. From what I see you have access to some very nice fish in the European market if you can get them shipped up to you. How are the regulations for crossing boarders with fish?

sheag35

Sorry, but as of right now I do not ship out of country. From what I see you have access to some very nice fish in the European market if you can get them shipped up to you. How are the regulations for crossing boarders with fish?

some nice fish available alright but none of the nice ones that are on your list unfortunately

Tom C

5 Year Member
A. sp. Emerald from Peru??? My guess is that it isn't A. sp. Smaragd/Emerald (= A. geisleri "Smaragd/Emerald") from around Alenquer, Brazil. It will be interesting to see what they - and A. sp. Jurua - actually are.
What a coincident. I arrived the Amazon yesterday, and a fisherman told me that he has some new Apistos available for me, among them he mentioned A.sp. "Emerald". And now I see you discuss this fish here!
I asked the same question as Mike did here. The fisherman told me that in one of the streams where they collect the A. sp. Pebeas "Morado", a few of the males are different from the others; they have a hint of green on the upper/dorsal part of the body. They separate them, and sell them as A. sp. Emerald.
However.....all the females in that stream look similar, so they just randomly pick out some females and sell them together with the "green" males, as A.sp. Emerald.

Anyway, curious as I am, I of course ordered a few of them, just to be able to study them, and to find out whether that green color is resistant to environmental changes (from the Amazon to one of my tanks :biggrin:)

I was also told things that indicates that the A. sp. Jurua mentioned here actually are from the Rio Jurua in Brazil. I'm sorry I cannot tell you everything about this....
I will of course try to find out what the fish looks like, but this could take some time, as I will be out of town for some days....

jv_xbishop

5 Year Member
did order ever come in?

Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma eremnophyge
Apistogramma sp emerald
Apistogramma barlowi
Apistogramma baenschi
Apistogramma nanay
Apistogramma norberti
Apistogramma sp.Winkelfleck
Apistogramma panduro
Apistogramma cinilabra
Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis

I do not have box size or shipping cost info yet so I can't quote prices just yet. I also need to move out some of the current stock (www.aquaticclarity.com/fish and http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/s...lii-and-trifasciatus-anyone&p=64373#post64373) to make some space and free up some funds before I can place a Peru order.

My order for Peru would need to go in soon so if you would like anything let me know right away and don't forget to order some of my current in stock!

did this order ever come in? looking for some apisto baenschi

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The order has not been placed yet. I'm waiting for the trans shipper to set a date (if they have enough interest to place the order). Tenative arrival is the very end of October.

The availability will most likely change but off of the stock list I have here is my short list (with most of the other Apistos listed as subs):

Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma eremnophyge
Apistogramma barlowi
Apistogramma baenschi

ste12000

5 Year Member

Hi Seamus, most of those fish are available on the lists i receive, i cannot bring them all in due to costs and space but ill let you know closer to when im ordering and if theres anything you want your welcome to order. Most of the fish on that list have been available within the UK in the last 6 months. At least 10 are still with breeders here in the UK? maybe you should move from Ireland to England :)

Ive just had a nice Peru order in with A.agassizi, A.sp 'masken', A.cacatuoides(ordered blackchin but got cacs!), A.cf Eunotus(A77. Tailstripes) and ive still got the wild Columbian A.macmasteri.

sheag35

Ste once again all i can say is your a legend, keep some of the sp. masken for me and drop me an email when you are nearing order time so i can pop some stuff on it

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Do you have any of the A. schwarzkinn "black chin" available from this order? I didn't get in (I feel bad). If you can post a new availability list I might be able to take some more species off of your hands.

Brian

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The trans shipper still hasn't placed the order. I'm not sure when, or even if, they will! If the order isn't placed soon I'll look at bringing in Peru a different way.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
The Peru order is going in shortly and the fish are due in next week Monday (Nov. 7th). I'll be ordering a few tetras and some Otocinclus cats in addition to the Apistos. Here's the Apisto list with estimated cost (the ones I plan on ordering are in bold):

Apistogramma agassizii $20/pr
Apistogramma atahualpa $20/pr
Apistogramma baenschi $30/pr
Apistogramma barlowi $40/pr

Apistogramma bitaeniata var. orange $25/pr
Apistogramma bitaeniata $20/pr
Apistogramma cacatuoides $20/pr
Apistogramma cinilabra $30/pr
Apistogramma cruzi $20/pr
Apistogramma eremnophyge $35/pr
Apistogramma eunotus $20/pr
Apistogramma nanay $30/pr
Apistogramma sp. black chin $25/pr
Apistograma sp. pebas "Dolly" $20/pr
Apistogramma sp. Algodon I $25/pr
Apistogramma sp. Apache $25/pr
Apistogramma sp. Batan $75/pr
Apistogramma sp. purple $30/pr
Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis $20/pr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….