• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

1st Peru Apisto Order of the Season

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
and otherwise

I'll most likely offer pair pricing and 6 pack pricing on the Apistos. With wild fish it's always a crap shoot as to the sex ratio that I receive so until I actualy have the fish in my tanks I can't give you any more then that. If a fish comes in female heavy I often also offer trio pricing and if a species is male heavy I often offer reverse trios.

So until next week just use the pair pricing I posted (end of page 2 of this thread) as a guideline. It should be correct unless something really wierd happens. And once I get the fish I'll offer trio/reverse trio pricing if it applies.

nicos apistos

5 Year Member
Hi,
What is an ap. Batan? Is it known as another type of apisto? It just caught my eye as strange because I "googled" it and nothing came up. I'm defenitley in for some Baenschi, maybe some black chins too.

-Nate

wethumbs

5 Year Member
I believe the A. sp. Batan is the sp. Abacaxis.

Question1: I notice you have listed Apistogramma cruzi and nanay separately. Is that mean you have the true cruzi and the sp. Nanay? Which sp. Nanay is it?
Question2: I also see A. sp. Algodon I which I assume is the sp. Papagei. Isn't A. sp. Purple = A. sp. Papagei = A. sp. Algodon I?
Question3: Which color form of A. barlowi is available?

Once you got the shipment, posting some pictures will help entice me to buy groups of sp. Algodon I, A. barlowi, A. sp. Batan, A. sp. blackchin, A. cinilabra, A. cruzi, and pebas "Dolly".

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi,
What is an ap. Batan? Is it known as another type of apisto? It just caught my eye as strange because I "googled" it and nothing came up. I'm defenitley in for some Baenschi, maybe some black chins too.

-Nate

When I did a google search for sp. Batan (see link in my next post as the picture is no longer showing up in the google search!) the first picture that showed up under an image search showed a cacatuoides complex fish (possibly cacatuoides complex at least) that should be sp. Batan. I find it to be very pretty. It's a new species of Apisto. that has only just been collected. Not a lot of info is available on it because of that. My understanding is that Romer is working with the fish.

There is a VERY good chance I won't be getting any of them in though as it sounds like only 5 or 6 idividual fish were available and that they sold before I got my order in.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I believe the A. sp. Batan is the sp. Abacaxis.

Question1: I notice you have listed Apistogramma cruzi and nanay separately. Is that mean you have the true cruzi and the sp. Nanay? Which sp. Nanay is it?
Question2: I also see A. sp. Algodon I which I assume is the sp. Papagei. Isn't A. sp. Purple = A. sp. Papagei = A. sp. Algodon I?
Question3: Which color form of A. barlowi is available?

Once you got the shipment, posting some pictures will help entice me to buy groups of sp. Algodon I, A. barlowi, A. sp. Batan, A. sp. blackchin, A. cinilabra, A. cruzi, and pebas "Dolly".

A. sp. Batan is not A. abacaxis: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=APIS...8&tbnw=180&start=0&ndsp=10&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

The short answer: I can't answer your questions.

The names...welcome to wild fish lists. You can NEVER be sure what fish will show up under a given name. But even when ordering fish listed under valid names you can be sure what fish will arrive. I've gotten norberti in when ordering barlowi; sp. Oregon came in with a few sp. Oregon and a few bitaeniata "blue" mixed together. The only way to know which fish goes with a given name at any given time is to order them and wait until they arrive. Different collectors give different names to fish based on were they collected them or just what they want to call them. Sometimes certain color forms of a given species get pulled out of group and sold under a different name (see TomC's thread about collecting in Peru and A. sp. emerald).

Here's the list of Apistos I did order:
Apistogramma baenschi $30/pr
Apistogramma barlowi $40/pr
Apistogramma cacatuoides $20/pr
Apistogramma eremnophyge $35/pr
Apistogramma sp. black chin $25/pr
Apistogramma sp. Batan $75/pr

I also listed a few others as possible subs on the order but I have no way of knwoing what if any of them will be in the order. Pictures of the fish that come in will be posted some time next week.

viejo

5 Year Member
Yes, fish wholesalers & especially exporters have the annoying tendency to always have the species that you are seeking but what you order often has the magical ability to alter itself to another species ( & often shrink in size) as an obvious side effect of the shipping process.

Tom C

5 Year Member

Reminds me of a young A. (cf.) huascar. I collected these (adults) in the Rio Galvez last month:

resizeimage.aspx

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Well, my subs lists was used heavily! Here's what I should have as of tomorrow evening (prices and pictures will follow Tuesday):

Nannobrycon eques
Monkhausia agnesae
Nannostomus mortenthaleri Red pencil I
Copella eigenmani red line
Otocinclos affinis
Apistogramma cacatuoides
Apistogramma barlowi red face
Apistograma baenschi
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistograma sp. black chin
Apistograma atahualpa
Apistograma agassizii

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Reminds me of a young A. (cf.) huascar.

Compaired to the on line photo I found I would agree. It's a shame I'm not getting any of them in on the order to compare. I'll track down the few making it into the US and try to get some photos forwarded that I can post so we can all see what the fish in question really is.

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
i'm interested in apistogramma agassiziis. do you have different color strains? got pictures or can you direct me to some pictures. thanks.

Once I have the fish, later today, I can let you know which color forms of the fish are in the batch. I'll post pictures then later in the week. Keep in mind that a given wild population of agassizii will have several different color patterns of fish in it. The colors and patterns aren't partially fixed like they are in a tank strain line bred fish. Last time I got wild agassizii I had all red males, red with white trim males, a bluish finned form, etc. So even when selecting a certain male type the off-spring will still come out mixed bag.

jv_xbishop

5 Year Member
apisto agassizii

red with white seams! perfect! that is exactly what i'm looking for. i bought a pair of red with white seam a couple years ago from you and would love to get another pair of those. other strains would be cool to. i'll post a link below if you can confirm if my old apisto agassizii red with white seam is what you will be getting in. will be waiting for your pictues. thanks!

http://youtu.be/ZzNqy4XEK5M

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….