• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

One more from Canada

Bart Hazes

I had given up on this site as I could never post but glad that has finally changed. I kept aquaria from mid 70s to mid 90s in the Netherlands and then stopped when moving to Canada. I got back into the hobby last July with a focus on South American dwarf cichlids, especially apistos. I went from 1 to 14 tanks in the past 12 months because a Calgary supplier keeps coming up with irresistible apistogramma species (for details see my post http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/are-there-any-other-canadians.20126/)

Here is my current Apisto collection:
Apistogramma macmasteri pair (bred myself from German captive stock)
Apistogramma panduro two trios (bred myself from Asian captive stock)
Apistogramma rubrolineata 2M+3F and ~25 1 week old fry (WC [wild caught])
Apistogramma allpahuayo 2M+F (WC this is the A. juruensis on Curtis' list, I'll add 1 or 2 females soon)
Apistogramma sp. 'Abacaxis' 1M (WC he is a bully and killed his females, Curtis gets them in this month so I can add females)
Apistogramma norberti 5M+1F and I hope to see free swimming fry this weekend (WC I'll add females soon)
Apistogramma pantalone 3M+5F (WC, still not sure if there is A. martini mixed in)
Apistogramma eremnopyge 1M+2F (WC, have had fry but did not survive while on holidays)
Apistogramma baenschi 6F (WC, still hoping to add some males)
Apistogramma sp. 'Melgar' 2M+F (WC, spawned a few times but fail when reaching free-swimming stage)
Apistogramma ortegai 2M+2F (WC, I believe one pair has spawned for first time but need to wait for proof by seeing fry)
Apistogramma barlowi 1M (WC, bycatch with eremnopyge, still waiting for females)

cjerrom

I am sorry to have made you an addict again! With the proper treatment it will only get worse in the coming months!
Curtis

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….