• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What fish are from the same location as apistogramma trifasiata?

apisto9809

5 Year Member
well, I found a great pleco, the clown pleco, found in the llanos plains, but unfortunately, it is not an insane algae eater like otos. They dont sucker on to glass much to clear, and mainly suckers and eats wood.

apisto9809

5 Year Member
yea, I'm just gonna get some Marisa cornuarietis (kind of Apple snail from SA) and they will take care of algae.

My new stocking list for a Llanos swamp plain biotope:

1 pair of Blue Rams
14 pristella maxillaris (xray tetra) or 14 hyphressbyron sweglesi (red phantom tetra)
1 clown pleco
4-6 Marisa cornuarietis

wat do you think? all are SA native to the Llanos plains!!!

apisto9809

5 Year Member
unfortunately I learned that the snails are plant eaters, got any algae eater ideas for the glass?

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello Apisto 9809,

It is called a window magnet cleaner. works wonders.
wow you will soon have 100 replies to your topic.

well done
cheers jk :biggrin:

Jeremy

5 Year Member
We learn by doing but unless reading has gone out of fashion, a reference book is good to own. No need to reinvent the wheel. I recommend South American Dwarf Cichlids by Hans J. Mayland and Dieter Bork, 1997. It answers every question you have asked and those that you haven't yet asked.
With a solid foundation a reference book and some hands on experience you will be able to frame specific question for which there are specific answers. Hypothetical questions only result in hypothetical responses.

I've had this book for two days now and it has answered so many questions. I feel much more confident with this at my fingertips.

apisto9809

5 Year Member
Thanks bigbird, I might get one of those, but the reason for an algae eater is not necessarily for algae(sounds silly). the tank will seem more natural. and I am to lazy to clean it. lol:)

apisto9809

5 Year Member
Update

I got a 20 long, takin time to plant it. Here is my planned stocking list, tell me what you think:

1 pair of Blue Rams
9 Nannostomus unifasciatus or Nannostomus anduzei
7 Otocinclus vittatus

while only the Rams are found in the Llanos all the time. I talked to the mod at planetcatfish.com, and he had beeen to SA Llanos recently and found all these fish there. He sed a lot of fish from the Orinoco can be trapped there to seasonal tides, and he told me about these fish, thank god!!!! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….