• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unknown apisto

Stoke_Apisto

Hi All,

Could somone ID this for me please, sorry for the pictures hopefully they will suffice.

Thanks

Picture025.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The photos are rather small. They show fish with very few features that help identify them. After seeing them, all I can say is that the fish is a regani-group species. I suggest that you look at the 'sticky' at the top of this section. Answer as many of the questions as possible and add some better photos - females if possible + male in fright/submission pattern.

Stoke_Apisto

I've give up with pictures, probably really easy but how frustrating when you haven’t got a clue.

I know you’re a busy man Ste but any chance you could find 5 mins and post the pics I emailed you. I’ve tried with the originals, tried resizing them and finally I give up. Computer illiterate me!!

Thanks to everyone’s response to nothing.. so far lol I fear this is had a little build up of expectation now and will end up as a massive anti-climax lol

FYI, they are advertised as Apistogramma Schwarzkehl, but I’ve no idea if they are or not, and would like some, even if speculative, conformation.

Many Thanks,

Mike

steve1572

If they are from rare aquatics the pics jo sent me looked like Apistogramma macmasteri i may be wrong but this is my pair of Apistogramma Schwarzkehl if this helps

imag0549u.jpg

imag0550p.jpg

imag0539g.jpg

you can clearly see the black line that runs under the chin for the lenth of the body on the female which is what i am told is the way to id this species

steve1572

Hi mike can you confirm the pics i put up are Apistogramma Schwarzkehl this would be great to get a confirmation as the female has eggs at the moment and want to know what ive got

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi mike can you confirm the pics i put up are Apistogramma Schwarzkehl this would be great to get a confirmation as the female has eggs at the moment and want to know what ive got

Steve, Your pair look like Schwarzkehl to me! Where did you find them and what were they sold as?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….