• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Silver Apistogramma ID

MaestroCygni

5 Year Member
Hi, my local fish store has had this fish for a few months. We don't really know what it is, nor what it was imported as. It could've been as regani or steindachneri, but at least to me it doesn't look like either. Maybe you guys have a possible ID?
IMG_8326.jpg
IMG_8328.jpg
IMG_8327.jpg

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
I think Frank is right, but is that a split in Bar 6 that I see??
Splits in the posterior bars occasionally occur in specimens of the cruzi- and ortegai-subcomplex too. It's just that in these subcomplexes they are exceptions whereas in the eunotus-subcomplex they are the rule.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….