• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Selling as Apistogramma psammophila...

Chilligan

Local fish store received a shipment labelled A. psammophila from Colombia. While I don't see a lot online about this species, what I do see doesn't seem to agree with what are in this tank.

Whatever these are, there appear to be two additional outlier make from another species as well (final video).

Thanks in advance for any id (or guesses).

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Video 4

And the two stow aways

Apistoguy52

Yep…I didn’t see A psammophila anywhere in those videos. Bunches of cf uaupesi/lineata/flabellicauda types, and maybe a random velifera/iniridae? type. Mystery males at the end appear to be A.megaptera.

Chilligan

Thanks for confirming.

The IDs on arrival have been very questionable, though what is arriving is equally interesting to me. Any other thoughts from folks are welcomed.

I would love to commit to any of the species you named, but only if I could identify sexes for the species in question. Unfortunately I don't have the tank space to buy a group and let them sort themselves out.

Apistoguy52

I’ll edit my previous response. The random “separate caudal spot” fish probably aren’t iniridae/velifera with jacked up tails…with the number of fish that look like Colombia (Rio negro) fish sp putzer/cleaner is probably closer to correct

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
Seems to be almost the same mix of species as in your last thread. Only that this time I have in addition spotted a fish that's likley A. iniridae or A. sp. Blutkehl:

1.jpg

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
... but it might also just be an A. uaupesi specimen. The abdominal bars are not pronounced enough to be sure that it's iniridae or Blutkehl. The latter two species would not fit into this Rio Negro mix very well.

Chilligan

Thanks again. I'm pretty sure these are from the same supplier as the previous mix, which were apparently wild caught, from Colombia.

I may have to roll the dice, as I do find some of these interesting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….