• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Sp. Eunotus?

Aquaticloch

Hello everyone,
I have found these fish at my local fish store and have been tempted to get them, but I'd like to know the species before i get them. I have taken a few photos of the male and beleive they resemble an Eunotus type fish, however I'm unsure if they are the same species and what they are exactly.

Any insight is much appreciated.

The first two photos are of the male and last of the female.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.JPG
    IMG_0468.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
  • IMG_0470.JPG
    IMG_0470.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0378.jpeg
    IMG_0378.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 164

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
Yes it's a form of A. cf. eunotus, most likely the "Schwanzstreifen/Tail-stripes" one. Whether the female is the same, I can't tell. Are there particular reasons to doubt that they are?

Aquaticloch

i noticed that there were other fish in the tank that were also imported as "Viejita Yellow" which these were, so i assumed they were WC fish and didnt know if they were the same species. It seems like they are now that there are no other males in the tank and this female is in breeding dress.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member
The female at least seems to be an eunotus-subcomplex species too, since I can see very faint splits in vertical bars 5 & 6. So if there were only two types of males in the tank and the other type wasn't an eunotus-like species, the female is very likely the same species/form as the male in your photos.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….