• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stocking Question

joeyg2100

5 Year Member
I am going to get a pair of Apistogramma Cacatuoides for my 30 gallon tank. My question is, could I get a pair of German Rams for this tank too, or will the two pairs fight all the time in a tank this size?

rich311k

5 Year Member
I have them together in a 36 gallon. The male cac gives the rams a hard time, but so far no real damage. I have a lot of cover in the tank.

Sil

5 Year Member
Generally it's not a good idea to combine A. cacatuoides and M. ramirezi in one tank, especially when it's 30 gallon one. Rams are rather calm and cacs dominate them. I had both spacies together in 53 gallon tank - althought there were many hideouts I removed rams very quickly:wink:
You could keep a harem (even 1+3) of cacs in your tank, eventually a pair or two of M. ramirezi with more suitable dwarf cichlids (f.e. A. borelli or A. trifasciata 1+2).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….