• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with ID

zenche

hi, the seller i got these from had them marked as fire red agassizi's. can someone verify this? i've not see them w/o any black stripes, etc...so i've been very curious about them! they're about 1.25" right now.

5629372495_040594bbb2_z.jpg

5629952040_bf1a8f9a68_z.jpg

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
It's not always easy to figure out what you have when dealing with man made color forms of Apistos but I'd say you have 2 female agassizii females. At 1 1/4" a male should be showing some color.

Good chance the females are the "fire red" form though.

Jeff

zenche

thanks mike! yea, a couple of them are still just about 1" vs 1.25" too, so i'm still hopeful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….