• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sp Alto Tapiche sneaker male

Justkeepswimming

Hi Fellas,

Just got a pair of Sp. Alto Tapiche recently, and they're currently in QT. I was quite sure I had a pair because the female has been displaying her breeding dress. They are relatively young (from their size), but I've notice that the female has started displaying horizontal red stripes near the cheek area, and a little behind the pectoral fin. Is she a sneaker male? Neither is overly dominant over the other. They will take turns chasing each other, and the "female" would tail whip in front of the male every now and then. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• AltoTapiche F 3.jpeg
    AltoTapiche F 3.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 49
  • AltoTapiche F 2.jpeg
    AltoTapiche F 2.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 52
  • AltoTapiche F 1.jpeg
    AltoTapiche F 1.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 53

MacZ

Generally, if it looks a bit like a wasp: female.

Sneaker males only try to emulate females that are not ready to spawn and not the wasp-mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….