• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEED HELP FAST!!!! P. taeniatus "Dehane" spawn

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
As the title says, I've come across a spawn.... as I was tearing down the tank for a tank change, bigger quarters for the couple.

2 questions...

1 - Can, and will the parents accept the eggs if they are re-introduced to them, in an approximately same setup as they were before, same landscaping?

2 - If no the the question above, how can I take care of the eggs artificially?

Thanks,
David

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
:) Congrats on the dehane spawn... the fact you found it when you did falls under 'Murphy's Fish Laws'. I had the same thing happen to a spawn of nyete and lobe at teh same time.

My advice would be to write it off, get the pair happy in their new surroundings, well fed and ready to go. You can try to put the eggs in with the pair, but I doubt that they will accept them in a new tank. Artificially raising a batch of eggs is not usually very successful.

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
I'll see what happens....
I put the eggs back in the new tank with the parents. They don't seem to see them.

Thing I don't understand is that I was keeping the temperature in the low to mid 70s.... Go figure!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….