• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first dslr photo

slimbolen99

5 Year Member
Nice. Looks like you have your "F-stop" set pretty low (which allows more light in but makes things blurrier except on the focus points). I've found that when my F-stop values are below 7, even a fish looking diagonally at me can be blurry in the back (or front if I focus on the center). Still learning myself; if those are your firsts, you're doing great.

cichlidmac

Nice. Looks like you have your "F-stop" set pretty low (which allows more light in but makes things blurrier except on the focus points). I've found that when my F-stop values are below 7, even a fish looking diagonally at me can be blurry in the back (or front if I focus on the center). Still learning myself; if those are your firsts, you're doing great.
Yeah I literally just took my first shots. I have no clue as to what all the settings do, I'm really overwhelmed with it all.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk 2

cichlidmac

uploadfromtaptalk1367467063218.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367467073480.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1367467083945.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I can highly recommend the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Easy to read and helps beginner (and the experienced) understand f-stops, exposure time and how varying them affects the look of photos.

cichlidmac

I can highly recommend the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. Easy to read and helps beginner (and the experienced) understand f-stops, exposure time and how varying them affects the look of photos.
Thanks Mike it's on my wish list.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….