• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

good combo????

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
Hi everyone. I decided not to get apisto cacatuiodes and just start a nice community tank. I have 2 small, slim rainbow fish(not sure of exact name) 1 gray tetra,1 chinese gold barb,3 small oto catfish,2 blck phantom tetras. I was wondering if adding 2 ballon mollies, and a angelfish would be okay? Is that too many fish? All my fish get along aren't aggresive toward others so could it be possible? thx!

brad

5 Year Member
What size tank have you got? Do you know what kind of tetras and rainbows they are? Small rainbows may not stay small rainbows. Gray doesn't help much either. Try to find the common names or better yet the latin names. You've got quite a few mid-water swimmers. Most of the fish you have enjoy the company of their own kind. I'd reduce the variety and increase the numbers of a particular fish.
Hope that makes sense.
Brad

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
I have a 20 gallon long. the rainbows look like bedotia madagascariensis but one has a red tail and the yellow fin coloration is more grayish.The gray tetra has a big stomach and a black dot behind the gills. I hope that helps!

ciclidcrazy!

5 Year Member
My tank is now full. I got 1 tetra, 3 rainbows, gold barb, 2 angels, 2 phantom tetras, 2 gouramis, 3 otos, and 2 bumble bee gobies. All is well: brought back barb, got nippy, and got two small ballon rams.And all are eating. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….