• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Do you cut into talk in store when it is wrong?

mordor

5 Year Member
I was a witness of a conversation in store between 'wanna-be-discus-keeper' and store employee. I guess (I have never kept them) it's possible to keep discus in tap water as long as it is clean when you are not going to breed them. Store employee was trying to sell this person some chemicals to bring pH down to 6, black water extracts and some 'nitrate absorbing material' while the same result could be achieved with simple RO water changes.

Eva32181

5 Year Member
They're in business to make money. So they push all kinds of crap on customers. And most consumers aren't sophisticated enough to question the salesperson or wonder whether there's a simpler way to do things. I would cut in on a conversation but only when the sales clerk is out of ear shot, unless what I have to say isn't going to offend the guy. I have heard some dumb sh** from salespeople in fish stores.

J

jafo

I've butted in a few times but only if the salesperson admits "they're not really sure or don't know". I've been lucky in that the sales people at the place I go try to actually help customers and don't mind getting advice themselves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….