• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Balloon Rams?!

mummymonkey

5 Year Member
They are an aberrant form of Mikrogeophagus ramirezi. Instead of culling them, as any responsible fish-keeper would do, they've been line bred to produce the sorry looking animal sold in the shops.

cdawson

5 Year Member
I'm getting sick and tired of this garbage, if you don't like the animal they way is it then don't breed them. :roll:

They honestly look cute and all, but the life span couldn't possibly be very long and they wouldn't be able to compete for food in a community tank very well. They didn't look very manouverable.

aquabillpers

5 Year Member
Everybody has his or her idea as to what beauty is.

Some see six legged dogs as being beautiful. Others think that cats and dogs without fur are just the prettiest. And others thnk that deformed fish are lovely.

Hopefully their tastes will mature or the market will get rid of the aberrations.

Bill

aspen

5 Year Member
frankly, i don't care what others keep, until i end up buying normal looking fish that have been bred from these and they throw wierd looking fish. taking the trouble to breed and raise fish and finding out you don't have what you thought you had is a real pita.

rick

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish Gramma

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(