• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma something or the other..........

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Macmasteri family I think? Whatever they are, they should be spawning soon! I need to get some more female ones though. This one is the best I have right now.

pt.jpg DSC_0922.jpg DSC_0858.jpg DSC_0857.jpg

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Looks like you are right Mike. I swear the coloration was not there when last I looked. I was trying to get some better pics earlier, and saw this. Not the best pics. These 2 females are getting into the breeding mood, so maybe that's why I didn't see it before, as the other females still don't have it. Is this a breeding dress thing Mike?DSC_0942.jpg DSC_0945.jpg DSC_0944.jpg DSC_0937.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Breeding females will be the same yellow color as macmasteri females, brighter yellow than the female in your photo. The black throat becomes darker and extends almost to the lower lip when brooding fry.

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Breeding females will be the same yellow color as macmasteri females, brighter yellow than the female in your photo. The black throat becomes darker and extends almost to the lower lip when brooding fry.

Very cool, and thanks for the input. So we are sure that is what I have? They are staking out territories, so some rich food, and a few water changes ( I am using rain water) should do the trick!

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Well folks, we have a spawn. This young lady is defending this cave with quite a bit of viciousness! Mike, are these 3 photos good enough? I know you are going to say you need a side view. I'll keep trying but when she is out of the cave completely, she is chasing fish away!
DSC_1037.jpg DSC_1038.jpg DSC_1050.jpg

Richgrenfell

5 Year Member
Well, I'm gonna go ahead and call em' Schwarzkehl's then. I took a peek today. No fungused eggs, and it looks to be about 30 or so. I have the BBS bubbling!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….