• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Added a second apistogramma to 20 long.

derekw

This afternoon I added what I believe is a female apistogramma to my blackwater amazonian aquarium which already had a male apistogramma bitaniata. These fish are wild caught from Peru according to the seller. I am noticing the male following the new fish around the tank and occasionally fanning water at her with his tail. The male is very territorial so I'm pretty sure the fish I added is female due to his passive behavior. Ive included a recent photo of the male as well as a photo of the pair. Its difficult to get a better photo due to the female hiding under IAL's

Attachments

• pair.jpg
    pair.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 161
  • male1.jpg
    male1.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 149
  • tank24.jpg
    tank24.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 166

derekw

Bit early, maybe. The tank is still not very wells structured and lacks hiding spots. You got more IALs? If so, put 6-8 more in.
Just added a rock cave with a flat rock at the bottom for spawning, heres a look at the new hardscape. Thinking of adding some needle leaf java fern to break up lines of sight with the tetras.

Attachments

• post1.jpg
    post1.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 133

MacZ

It's getting there. Definitely in need of some plants, not only for the structure but also for the biological balance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….