• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need ID for this pair

Me&Fishy

Hi All,

After absence for sometime, I'm back with this new pair of apisto.

Need some help to ID the species for this pair of apistogramma. Was sold as wild caught a.cf.ortegai (papagei).

Female
20230717_193450.jpg

Male
20230717_193421.jpg

Currently, the male owns the entire bottom of the tank. Alot of rejection from the male, not allowing the female near his area. Added some cory as dither to distract the male from the female.

Frank Hättich

5 Year Member

Hapisto

Damn, still waiting to have some import of A. ortegai Papagei. Got 2 (beautiful) females instead of 1M/1F.

Enjoy !

N.B : apistogramma prefers send as substrate ;)

Hellfishguy

5 Year Member
Beautiful pair of Apistogramma ortegai!

Corydoras cats never learn not to intrude into cichlid‘s breeding territories. They’ll blunder into the territory, get chased away, and immediately swim back towards the cichlids. I’ve successfully used cardinal tetras as dithers for A. ortegai. I didn’t lose a single tetra or ortegai fry.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….