• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Hongsloi

LeviathanGirl

5 Year Member
I have 3 - 1/2 inch hongsloi fry from my last spawn growing out. Hoping theres another pair among them, but I highly doubt it. On the 22 last month my pair had yet another spawn. I havent been able to get a good look at them till recently as they've been hiding in the oak leaves in their tank. I moved the leaves aside the other day so I could carefully vacuum the bottom of the tank a bit and got a nice little clip of the family. Thought I'd share. XD

Apisto. Hongsloi Vidio

Sorry bout the yellow. LOL

ste12000

5 Year Member
Nice Video..Just one question?? Why is a thread about Apisto Hongsloi in the West African section?? any chance of shifting it over..

Heiko Bleher

5 Year Member
Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and I wanted to let you know, that the best A. hongsloi breeder i have seen, is Peter Guennel, the German neon tetra breeder (3 million per year), have alook at my website:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=13&Itemid=56
and go to read more and look at his Apistog. hongsloi.
In addition Natasha has posted some new (or populations) of some nice apistos i collected last year, just a few, the others are still being breed...see:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=225&Itemid=1

all the very best,

always

Heiko

PS Did anyone on this globe collect as many apistos as myself? Uwe does not even come close, i guess he needs another 10 lives, like me, do achive ithat ...hahahah

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hi,

this is Heiko Bleher and I wanted to let you know, that the best A. hongsloi breeder i have seen, is Peter Guennel, the German neon tetra breeder (3 million per year), have alook at my website:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=13&Itemid=56
and go to read more and look at his Apistog. hongsloi.
In addition Natasha has posted some new (or populations) of some nice apistos i collected last year, just a few, the others are still being breed...see:
http://www.aquapress-bleher.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=225&Itemid=1

all the very best,

always

Heiko

PS Did anyone on this globe collect as many apistos as myself? Uwe does not even come close, i guess he needs another 10 lives, like me, do achive ithat ...hahahah

maybe i am one who collects apistos and dwarf cichlids no fewer than you, kekee... among all apistos and dwarf cichlids that are known today and are interesting to me, i only have not kept the following two species by now...

A. personata.
I. bimaculata.

How about you?
It's sad that the fishers are not able to find more interesting fish...

P.S: There is a reported catch of A. personata from Japan,
and I. bimaculata has disappeared for years...

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Blue, there is a bit of a difference between how you collect your apistos (in an aquarium) and how Heiko (in the wild).:) Heiko has photographed species that have never appeared in the hobby - A. sp. cf. Masken (Juruá)/sp. Eirunepé comes to mind for one.

Heiko, I doubt anyone comes close to you when it comes to new species collected. I don't know anyone as daring as you are, when it comes to going to some of the most dangerous places in the world just to collect fish.:biggrin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….