• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New tank - 108L

Gaisller

Here’s the pictures of the tank.

Female is still out of sight. She was fine and healthy before disappear…

IMG_8635.jpeg

image.jpg

Gaisller

Although it looks awesome, it might be a bit too little structure. I'm on the fence.
Thank you!

Yes, I’m afraid that it gets too much clean. I’ll try to find some good and big piece of wood to put on the right side of the tank, close to the roots. Let’s see if the tank will look better…

Gaisller

Hello guys.

Quickly update: I changed the hang on filter. Now I'm using a cannister.

Added more leaves in the tank. Still looking for a good piece of driftwood and some more branches.
Only 4 Nannostomus remain in the tank. The others I moved to my bigger tank, otherwise they could be dead by now. Didn't know that pencils are so agressive like this between each other.

Didn't see any apisto eggs so far. Don't know what's the matter. I think the female is too small in comparison to male, but can't tell if this is the reason. Other suspiction of mine is that my pH never was low enough. I'm trying to findo some "sapucaia" nut (don't know how to call it in english, but the scientific name is Lecythis pisonis) to buy. I read that it helps lower the pH. I'm also looking for any live food that fits in apistos mouths without needing to start a colony or something like that.

Some pictures:
IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1391.JPG

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Only 4 Nannostomus remain in the tank. The others I moved to my bigger tank, otherwise they could be dead by now. Didn't know that pencils are so agressive like this between each other.
I assume people who say that they aren't aggressive have never kept them. I've kept a variety of <"different fish from the Lebiasinidae"> and they have all been characterised by not liking one another, Nannostomus eques don't damage one another, but they still have a pecking order etc.

I keep really weedy tanks, so it isn't a problem with them not having enough cover.

cheers Darrel

MacZ

Nannostomus eques don't damage one another, but they still have a pecking order etc.
I found them quite territorial, so fish that have no territory are chased from territory to territory until they break down stressed (and often starving) after some weeks.

anewbie

I have 20 n. mortenthaleri in my 4ftx4ft aquarium and i never see them fighting or chasing each other. Not sure if it is the species or aquarium size; but i do see them schooling together from time to time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….