• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cruzi, papgei or pebas?

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
attachment.php

Attachments

• sm_edit_apisto_sp_Nov26_08_0071.jpg
    sm_edit_apisto_sp_Nov26_08_0071.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 803

Ruki

5 Year Member
When I click on your link I see message like this:
Ruki, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
:frown:

ste12000

5 Year Member
I am good at keeping Apistogramma, breeding them comes naturally but i am terrible at ID'ing them..Ill stick my thoughts in before Mike comes and proves me wrong again :biggrin:

Papagei for me...The bottom fish is older than the upper and showing the red scales above the lateral line, as far as im aware that was the distinguishing feature between Pebas and Papagei..

Am i right or wrong Mike??

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Moderators? Can you see the image like Jeff can? The image is linked as an attachment, which I can do as an admin (heh heh heh :cool:), but it is possible/probable that I do not have the permissions set up right for everyone else to even see them. I will try to work on it today.

Jeff... cruzi, pabas or papagei?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
sp. Pebas

It's not sp. Papagei for many reasons...dorsal pattern, cheek line, colors

It's not cruzi because I think I see a tail pattern in the front fish in your picture-orange spots-which cruzi does not have

That leaves sp. Pebas which have the tail pattern as well as the cheek line. The caudal peduncal spot matches and the color pattern looks a lot like A86 in the Datz book.

Jeff

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
But Mr. Wise has the Apistogramma identification crystal ball right now...:biggrin: so he gets the final say!

Are these your fish Ted? If so, were did you get them from?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Do you have photos of the females? They would be more useful. You fish is not cruzi; wrong caudal spot pattern. The caudal patch doesn't show well enough for identification. The fish might be papagei, but I doubt it because I think I seen rows of spots in the tail. That leaves 2 possibilities: A. sp. Pebas or A. sp. Roca Eterna:eek: .

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
A. sp. Roca Eterna (rock of ages ???) Really??? Where is info on this fish Mike? I don't see it in the Datz South American "book" or the Koslowski book.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Jeff... This is one of the apistos in Mike F.'s collection that we saw up in MN. I need to get better at writing down names.

Mike... sorry, no other pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….