• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ancistrus with macmasteri

abrooks12376

I'm sure this is a bad idea but I want to try it anyways, I have a pair of redneck macs in a 20 long. It's heavily planted and structured. I'm thinking a nice rio paraguay ancistrus would be a nice addition. I fully understand what could happen here, just think it'd give a more realistic vibe to the tank. they must get bored with nothing to defend against? This pleco will be moved once it dwarfs the dwarfs though. I keep 1m/fem cacatoides in a 30long community with a L134 and a bunch of elegans corys. Everyone lives happily but I'm guessing a species only tank may be different??

Mol_PMB

I've kept plecs with cichlids and seen virtually no interaction between them.
Indeed my Farlowellas and my Dicrossus have bred simultaneously in the same tank with no problems.
I also have the rio Paraguay ancistrus and although I haven't kept them in a tank with cichlids I really can't imagine them being a problem.

abrooks12376

So far so good! They pay no mind to the little bugger and he looks awesome in the setup! Pics to follow!

abrooks12376

uploadfromtaptalk1434301820298.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434301837968.jpg

MickeM

5 Year Member
I have experienced problem with small Ancistrus in Apisto tanks..
They can do harm(eating eggs) if they can enter the caves or other hiding places where Apistos have their eggs/wrigglers..
When I used large/adult Ancistrus+coco-caves with small/tight entrances, the result was normaly positive.. Apistos with fry!!

abrooks12376

I would never do this if the sole purpose of the tank was fry production. It is a display afterall and I do like nifty fish. If anyone looks to be suffering at the fins of another I will take immediate necessary action to remedy the situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….