• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a bad week turned into a good week

aspen

5 Year Member
well, i finally decided to pull out and re-plant my planted tank. the plants looked miserable, and now another hideous type of algae has invaded due to not paying enough attention. so, rip it out. i got more gravel and will re-plant with the sand i already have.

then i found one of my nannacara's had jumped out of a very small hole in the top- the beta male. they are in a 30, used to be 2 pairs, now a trio with some oto's and some glowlight tetras. well, the borelli's which USED to be in the 35 have decided to raise another family, so i got eggs from them. then i noticed why there was so much activity in the nannacara tank. one mom is raising her first (i think) brood.- about 50 little babies. (note to self- start hatching brine shrimp)

and to top it off, my 2 NICEST discus have claimed the piece of driftwood and are pretty much about to lay.

so, a bad week has turned into a good week. (note to self, start preparing some more filtration for raising babies)

rick

Randall

5 Year Member
Nannacara Fry

Hey Rick,

Please keep your 3.5" Hatchet fish away from the Nannacara fry :) .

I've never seen a 3.5" Hatchet fish, but if I did, I'd buy them 8O .

Good luck with all your recent "good" activity.

Randall Kohn

aspen

5 Year Member
he he, my hatchets are barely an inch long. but they have grown a bit since i bought them. (except the one that jumped out.)

rick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natrickshwaxey

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….