• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

any apisto's available in the Philly metro area?

ErtyJr

Hey guys, back again. I called Fish Factory over the weekend and they said they didn't have any apistos left. ErtyJr- do you have any cacs for sale right now? I've been trying to buy one from stores for a while with no luck, so i'm thinking I may need to order one.

Hey Bob! As of right now I have some fry going but I'm having difficulty filling all the orders. Lots of people have signed up for my waiting list, far more then I had expected! Which is both good and bad, as I'm struggling to fill all the orders.

In addition to that I am looking to expand. I'm in the middle of working out a deal with my a local fish store a few minutes from my house. it seems likely to happen but is still up in the air. If things work out I will buy a few more pairs And will begin stocking cacs, and aggies in the store as well. what I need is more space, I'm not currently able to keep up with my demand in such a small breeding space!

In addition me and the gf should be moving into a house within the next 6 months, which will make my life much easier!

But I did just consider something bob. I will be placing an order for a pair of winklefleck from Ted Judy this weekend. If you would like we can split the cost of overnight shipping and you pay for your cacs and I can order you a pair from him. Let me know if that's something you would like to do as the order is going in this weekend!

ErtyJr

Oh something I forgot to mention. The best way to get ahold of me is through facebook. I'm an active member of a number of fish and apisto groups on facebook. If you need to get ahold of me add me as a friend on facebook. William Garden

bobthebadger53

Cool, sounds like you've got some exciting plans for the future! I'll contact you in a little bit if i'm still searching for an apisto. Good luck!

Kevin F Smith

Hi all, I don't have any scientific expertise in this area, but I'd be very surprised if Brine Shrimps were the source of fish internal parasites, based purely upon the fact that Brine shrimps occur in habitats without any fish.

cheers Darrel
Hi Darrel. You make a good point. Perhaps it's a water quality issue. Their brine shrimp tanks often contain many skeletons of dead shrimp and cloudy water. I don't know much about disease cause or transfer, but assume at some point the balance between a fish's immune system and the quantity of disease organisms is offset to the point organisms gain the upper hand. In any event, I no longer use them as my source for live food.

They are otherwise a great store!

Kevin F Smith

Ertyjr, I'd be interested in splitting shipping cost with you also. Let me know. In the next month or so, I plan to order apistos for my discus tanks.
Also will be ordering killies form Craig Bucher in Florida, who's back on aquabid after the winter.

ErtyJr

Ertyjr, I'd be interested in splitting shipping cost with you also. Let me know. In the next month or so, I plan to order apistos for my discus tanks.
Also will be ordering killies form Craig Bucher in Florida, who's back on aquabid after the winter.

Alright Kevin, I'll be placing the order this weekend sometime before Monday. If you would still like to go ahead with that I sent ya a text. Let me know =D

ErtyJr

Hi all.O.K. I hadn't really considered live adult brine shrimps, they aren't a food I've ever used.

cheers Darrel

Indeed Darrel, he is right about the conditions they are in there. It is the reason I have never bought any brine shrimp from them. The tanks look just horrible.

Kevin F Smith

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. HR has some triple red cacs. I picked up a male yesterday. His name will be Edward G. Robinson II. They have Have one pair left. $35. Been busy outdoors.

ErtyJr

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. HR has some triple red cacs. I picked up a male yesterday. His name will be Edward G. Robinson II. They have Have one pair left. $35. Been busy outdoors.

Hey Kevin, great to hear from you! I love the choice of name, seems you have a great theme going haha!

All is well here, lots of little fry growing up everywhere lol. Hope all is well with you, and I hope Edward G. Robinson II turns out to be an excellent fish for you =D

Perhaps he needs a true mobster nick name, may I suggest Eddy the gun, Eddy top fin, or Eddy Lips. Gotta love the caca's big fat lips lol

ErtyJr

Eddy Lips sounds great! BTW, the color is more of a orange than red. Is this something that will change, or is there a triple orange that I've never heard of?

Well it depends. Nitro started out yellow, eventually went orange, and now is a very deep red. So it can change. On the other hand Ammo is closer to orange, and in certain places he is definitely orange. I have seen some triple reds that have their tails go from red to orange to yellow at the tips. All 3 colors in the same fin. Pretty wild looking. But they call all of them triple reds still. I hope to one day get a yellow strain going.

Kevin F Smith

On another note, does anyone know how to treat fish that act as if they're trying to spit something out. Otherwise very healthy in appearance, but appear to be spitting, or coughing. I've heard it's an intestinal parasite, but nothing I've tried works, and most of the time the fish eventually goes down.
I've seen untreated reversal with my electric blue acara, but can't explain why.
Thanks!

ErtyJr

On another note, does anyone know how to treat fish that act as if they're trying to spit something out. Otherwise very healthy in appearance, but appear to be spitting, or coughing. I've heard it's an intestinal parasite, but nothing I've tried works, and most of the time the fish eventually goes down.
I've seen untreated reversal with my electric blue acara, but can't explain why.
Thanks!

Sorry kevin, don't know how to help. At one point ammo was doing that a lot, maybe a year ago, but he just eventually stopped. Did not know it was a problem lol

Bobblehead27

This is a great idea for a thread topic. I just moved to south jersey so philly isn't too far and am looking to start buying apistos so this thread has already been helpful in helping me find out what stores are crap

ErtyJr

If your interested I have a bunch of Apistogramma sp. Winkelfleck unsexed juvies up for sale now, I'd be willing to meet halfway somewhere to avoid shipping. Just posted them up to aquabid a little bit ago =P

Bobblehead27

Thank you, I'm having a hard time finding any information on them and was kinda hoping for something more colorful. I was thinking baenschi but not positive. Thank you anyway though.

ErtyJr

Thank you, I'm having a hard time finding any information on them and was kinda hoping for something more colorful. I was thinking baenschi but not positive. Thank you anyway though.

You know I said the same thing but I actually went ahead and bought them. I have to say in person their color is phenomenonal. The male is like a little rainbow. He has reds, oranges, greens, yellows, and blues all over him. If you're not interested that's fine =P. Your loss lol, baenschi is a very nice species though. Here is a few pics

Attachments

• fwapisto1437537036~2.jpg
    fwapisto1437537036~2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 314

Kevin F Smith

Hope everyone doing well. Busy Summer here. Will be posting more late Summer. Into my ponds right now. Fish Factory had(s) pelvicachromis nigerian red. Nice fish. That fish Place has 35% off all fish and plants through 8/2. Plan to visit next week. Have a nice pair of apisto cruzi right now, coloring up. My apistos doing great with Discus. Though I would overfeed because of volume I give to discus and their slow eating habits, but no problem for about a year now. That's all. enjoy the rest of the Summer!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….