• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

who are these fishes ?

shoshone

Hello,

I am procure me four fishes the last week.
The name who the seller have give me for her, is Apistogramma cf. eunotus spaltenfleck.
But it's not the good name.
So, i come ask your help...again

02810.jpg

03010.jpg

04210.jpg

04411.jpg

04510.jpg

04310.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I believe that your fish are a form of A. cf. eunotus. The name 'Spaltenfleck/Split-spot' was given to a group of wild A. cf. eunotus that appeared in a shipment from Peru. These fish showed an odd caudal spot that is split into an upper and lower half by a narrow pale area. This is a descriptive name. We really don't know where it is found in the wild - or if the feature breeds true in all offspring. I cannot say if your fish are offspring from this shipment. I suggest you wait until the fish mature and see if the males develop the split spot.

shoshone

Thanks a lot Mike.

I' ll wait and i send new photo if the double spot no appears.
For you, they do well parties of Eunotus complex ?

Just, i think who they are maybe eunotus Schwanzstreifen Tail-stripes (rio huallaga).
Possible or no ?

Amicalement

shoshone

I post new photos where we can see the dark bars and the color of the fishes in the tank.

00110.jpg

00210.jpg

00611.jpg

00411.jpg

She is so sweety !!!

00510.jpg

And just for the fun

00710.jpg

Amicalement

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Yes, your fish seem to be part of the eunotus-subcomplex. They look very much like the form of A. cf. eunotus (Schwanzsteifen/Tail-stripes) from around Tarapoto (Río Huallaga system). I cannot say for certain that it is the exact same population.

shoshone

News photos of this mysterious species

00211.jpg

00410.jpg

00411.jpg

00710.jpg

01210.jpg

02110.jpg

02510.jpg

03510.jpg

04010.jpg

04410.jpg

04710.jpg

For Mike and the others of cours, i think it's the same species that the male on the id pebas morado post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….