• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

White patches

M

mamboka

Hi to everyone.
My Q is what sould use against Chilodonella?
White big patches on the side of Discus. My old book said Methylene blue.
Any new medicine,this book 1989 Dieter Untergasser.
Thank you for any help

aspen

5 Year Member
white patches on the skin of discus could be a lot of things, even a bad water change. please give a detailed account of your situation. tank size, water change regime, how long the fish have been in the tank, any new fish, etc. describe the patches as best as you can.

rick

M

mamboka

Hi Rick,and thankx for replay.
90gal, Ph 6.8 weekly water chg 50%RO 50%top
can not tell any better discr just white patches look like skin folling of.
What i find in my book Chilodonella bekause white,if the same area would be red that Costia infection.Only as i see from my book.

fishgeek

for most external parasitic stages geneal treatments are effective , formalin copper saltwater(although not so with chilodonela)potassium permanganate

any of those , whichever suits you and the discus best

andrew

M

mamboka

Thank you all for replay i try Malachite green,and now after 3 tratment start to got better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….