• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Caucatoide breeding

shadowman6866

This is my first time asking a question on here. My question is, I know temperature plays a big part of determining males and females, for example, the warmer the water the more males you get and the cooler the water you get more females and right in the middle you get a 50/50. How long after they are born is gender determined. The reason I am asking is because the tank I have them in at the moment tends to be on the warmer side because I was hoping to get more males this time around but I want to transfer them to a tank that has cooler water and I don't want to do that until after they become gender specific. I'm hoping someone can help me out and that I haven't thoroughly confused everyone. Thank you in advance.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
How long after they are born is gender determined. The reason I am asking is because the tank I have them in at the moment tends to be on the warmer side because I was hoping to get more males this time around but I want to transfer them to a tank that has cooler water and I don't want to do that until after they become gender specific.
"30 days" and about 26oC for 50 : 50 male : female.

cheers Darrel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….