• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What food would you choose?

Top three types of frozen foods

• Brine Shrimp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blood worms

• Krill

• Mysis shrimp

• Beef heart

• Plankton

• Total voters

farm41

5 Year Member
I guess we can't choose 3 types on the poll, but the other 2 I would choose are beefheart and Mysis shrimp

Scooter

5 Year Member
Oops. I believe you're right. This is the first time I've tried the poll and it obviously only allows a single choice. I should have thought about that before I made a poll out of it. Oh well. Live and learn. Anyway, at least we can find out what most people would choose first if they let the poll selection be their first choice. That could be interesting as well.

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Brine Shrimp, Bloodworms, Mysis...been using that combo for a while now with good results. Live daphnia serve another purpose, green water filters. I almost always have an outbreak when I set up a new tank, and it is usually the last phase. In go a scoop of daphnia, water clears up, first fish in the tank get a treat...

Neil

I put my vote in for mysis shrimp because I found some in Canada that have almost 70% protien. The are called piscine energetics and seahorse people use them for conditioning. They are much bigger than the normal mysis, so you only need to feed one or 2. But the fish have to be older. They are great for West Africans.
I also really like prawn eggs when I can find them. All my fish go crazy for these and it bring out color well. But I would say that all of the above choice are very good and one should choose at least 3 of these for an alternating feeding program.
Neil

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….