• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Unknown-Please identify

aquaticsnerd

A local fish store had these particular fish in a tank full of corydoras. There was no species name available. No mention of them being wild caught or domestic either.
Male
012.jpeg

011.jpeg

Female
010.jpeg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hard to say what they are from these photos, other than they are a regani-group species. That limits your options to about 70 species/forms. Please refer to the
Sticky: I.D. Question Check List at the top of this section and answer as many of the questions as possible. It will help a lot!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'd add that both fish pictured look to be females based on the heavy black markings on the leading edge of the ventral fins of the first pictured fish. I can't see the second fish well enough to make out the ventrals but the yellow color MIGHT be an indicator. Also, the 2 fish don't look to be the same species based on the caudal peduncal (base of the tail) spots. They both show a different pattern!

aquaticsnerd

Thanks for the help! Sorry about the photos. They are very hard to snap. I'll see if I can get better shots with my other camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….