• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

unidentified Apistogramma!

Rikard

5 Year Member
I need help with something that has bothered me. I have a single Apistogramma that ihavent benn able to identify here follows a description: It has a black spot in the middle of the body and a orange cheek. PLEASE HELP MEE!!!! :?

Neil

Rikard,
Really not enough info. Could be any number of fish -linkei, juruensis, atahualpa, hongsloi, guttata, etc.... The black spot in the middle of the body is very common, asi is the orange cheek. Is it a high bodied fish? Does it have a lyretail? How high is the dorsal? What other colors are there and where?
It might help you get a better feel for identifying characteristics of Apistogramma by looking at this article.

http://www.apistogramma.com/descriptionchar-article.htm

Is there any way to get a pic?
Neil

Rikard

5 Year Member
Answer to NEIL

All Right now for the first it has a milky brown body, has a lyretail and is high bodied. It also has a faint yellow color at the end of the tail-fin!THANKS FOR HELPING!!! :D :D

Neil

Does this fish always have a single lateral spot (black spot right in the middle of the body?
Can you tell if there are extentions on the first few rays of the dorsal fin. Does the fish have kind of large lips?
Neil

Rikard

5 Year Member
Reply (again)

It has a single spot, no extensions on the dorsalfin and it has "normalsized" lips. and i would like to point out that it is veary agressive1 :!: :D Thanks!!

Randall

5 Year Member
Apisto ID

Dear Rikard,

There are approximately 200 known forms of Apistogramma, not including color morphs. A photo would be most helpful.

Thank you.

Randall Kohn

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….