• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tubatrix

Adam - Sydney

5 Year Member
I was reading Ewe Romers atlas last night and on one of the species it suggested to feed these to small fry. Stating that it was excellent for all dwarf cichlid fry. My question is what is tubatrix and how do I get them. My guess is that they are microworms.

Adam

_BaDgUy_

5 Year Member
The complete latin name is Tubatrix aceti or Turbatrix aceti, or the more common name is Vinegar Eel :)

Great food for very small fry, like bettas and killies. Also good on small apistogramma fry.

Also very easy to keep, raise!

Hope it helps!

Adam - Sydney

5 Year Member
Ok I know what they were talking about now. Does anyone know a simple way to raise and keep vinigar eels. And from the sounds of them a good way to feed the fish without messing up the water.

Thanks for the replies
Adam

Fatts

5 Year Member
Adam - Sydney said:
Ok I know what they were talking about now. Does anyone know a simple way to raise and keep vinigar eels. And from the sounds of them a good way to feed the fish without messing up the water.

Try this link, there is good info here http://www.livefoodcultures.com/vinegareels.html. About halfway down there is another good link that says "method of harvest" to show you a way to separate the eels from the solutiion. This is how I do it and there is no change in my water parameters.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moses

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….