• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

still looking

bubbasnooki

5 Year Member
hello everyone...i posted awhile way back about looking for some german blue rams ...specially bred by breeders and not from farms....but yah ..again i ask does anyone have the information i need to get this rams...ive heard bev has some f1 rams but i looked up her page and i dont know if they are small or adult enough for some of male rams about 2"+ ..and why is that when i get females they are more susceptable to stress and diseases other than the males...i am looking for female german blue rams about 4-5 of them about 1.5-2 " if anyone can help me please..please ..get a hold of me.... thank you

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Most breeders sell their Rams before they get to the size that you want. You might be more successful if you bought 6-12 juveniles and let them grow up and form pairs together. You might even want to buy from 2 different sources so that the gene pool has more diversity.

electric eel

5 Year Member
if you lived closer i have 4 or 5 breeding size female rams(extras i don't need) you could have for 5 bucks a piece.i don't know why breeders don't sell pairs they are easily sexable and grow out fairly quickly.i haven't bred many angels or rams in the last year or so because i just have'nt had time to mess with them(work and health issues with my wife) but have recently set up pairs of longfins,golds and standard fin blues(trying to get ready for the aca in july).i had 2 different lines of blues and am working with the outcrossed offspring now.i sold about 50 at the aca last year and sold 300-3/4' inch ones at the oca extravaganza year before last.the females start spawning fairly small(maybe 1")usually if you get a real big pair they will only spawn sporadically.young ones will spawn every 2 or 3 weeks for a while if you take the fry.i have had many people tell me that my rams are the only ones they have had any luck keeping alive for any length of time.i don't know why unless its because i usually grow them out in hard water.if it was a little warmer i would ship some to you.

Bev N

Apisto Club
5 Year Member
Hey there,

I got your message and will call you tomorrow. We were at a club meeting and just got home.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….