• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spawning Question

B

BaBiBuTa

for the past few days, i've seen my apistos doing the courting dance, shaking their tail at each other and today, the male seems to be out of its cave. given way to the femle, i suspect there is eggs and dun dare to look, in case they frek out a eat their own eggs. may i noe what is the time taken for eggs to hatch for a bitaeniata species and should i on the lights to the tank or keep it dark during this time?

Blackshark667766

5 Year Member
Couting dances/cave inspections

:D I know what you mean! I myself have been breeding fish for just over 4 years now but have never seen the eggs of any cave - spawners.

I have never dared! Could it be that the early development of such embryos could be dependant on a continued condition of lack of light for their early existance. In other words; perhaps sunlight inhibits or prevents the early stages of their being. Such thoughts are not unknown to breeders of tetra type fish, and I wonder if they apply here too :?: I have never dared to find out - such is my love of nature, even where artificially created within my tanks,

Nick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….