• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not sure what spawned here?

jhcardinals

Something in my tank spawned right where the apistos (1M1F, mostly the female) usually hang out (when they’re not in the caves). There’s an incidental snail in the tank so I’m worried it might be that and I also have a few ethical concerns given that I got my A. Cacatuoides female with the bladder issue I posted about earlier. I just got home after being gone for 36 hours and have only seen them at night, but the female seemed to get mad at me when I got near the eggs (didn’t even consider scurrying off either). Sorry if I seem oblivious—just really don’t want to end up with 40 snails in my tank. I really appreciate the help I got earlier—saved a lot of anguish, time, and suffering. Tried to get decent pictures, but I like to keep a true day/night cycle in my tank so it’s a bit dark. Got a picture of the snail too.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.jpeg
    IMG_1951.jpeg
    786.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1952.jpeg
    IMG_1952.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1953.jpeg
    IMG_1953.jpeg
    649.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1954.jpeg
    IMG_1954.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66

jhcardinals

Just looking at the eggs online I just don’t see any that are blue-black with a white foamy substance (even among snails that look similar to the one in my tank), that’s why I’m asking.

Aquaticloch

Snail eggs, unfortunately, with sand over them, likely from sand sifting behaviours exhibited by the apistos. If you have snails, it is very difficult to get rid of them, and they are not intrinsically unhealthy! Quite the contrary in cases.

jhcardinals

Snail eggs, unfortunately, with sand over them, likely from sand sifting behaviours exhibited by the apistos. If you have snails, it is very difficult to get rid of them, and they are not intrinsically unhealthy! Quite the contrary in cases.
Ahh got it, makes sense. I’m good with a couple snails, so long as it doesn’t become 50. Thanks!

jhcardinals

Looks like this might've been wrong, as I now have fry in the tank and those eggs have hatched. They could've come from caves, but that's the area where they're hanging out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….