• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Shiping fish...

RAF

5 Year Member
Hello all,

the reason why I'm opening this thread is to know about your experiences - if there are any - of sending fish via mail overseas. I have a proposition to exchange fish with a brazilian apisto breeder - I know that it raises a number of other questions regarding brazilian legislation a UCN certificates for europe inports - but I'm unsure about how to condition them and how long will they survive in those conditions.

Hoping to hear from more experienced people in this matter, best regards and thanks.

Nebraska_cichlids

5 Year Member
I had West African and Asian cichlids shipped from Europe to the US a couple of years ago by Air Cargo. It was pretty expensive because of the shipping fees. The deal was only possible because 2 or 3 other hobbyists went in on that order. Pretty much all the cichlids survived the shipping. I don't recall the legalities involved but we received the fish through a guy in Los Angeles who had an importer's license.

Janos

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RodsAquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….