• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Searching for a copyof Baensch/Mergus CICHLID ATLAS-Roemer

ancientaquarist

5 Year Member
Hi-
Does anyone on our forum know where I can purchase a copy (new or used) of the Baensch/Mergus CICHLID ATLAS by Uwe Roemer, 2001. I was able to find a single copy of the Kasselmann Aquarium Plants at a favorable price and it is enroute.

I can not come up with a lead on the Cichlid Atlas which I assume is not the same as the Aquarium Atlas-Baensch Vols. 1, 2, 3 or 4 which are also enroute. By the way I did a German search since I read Deutsch as well as English-The Aquarium Atlas by Baensch is up to volume 7 in Germany according to the Mergus Verlag in Nuernberg.

Hoping one of you will know. TIA.

Z Man

5 Year Member
I suggest you contact Mike Schadle at [email protected] He has many aquarium books available. I last saw him in November in Cleveland & he was selling Uwe Romer's book for $30 + shipping. I did see that he had a few books in 'German only' that you may be interested in. Please tell him that the Z-Man sent you.

Liquid

5 Year Member
Hi! A few of us apisto fans are looking for this book as well, I tried writing to Mike Schadle but no reply??? anyone have other contacts for group purchases?

Z Man

5 Year Member
Mike is sometimes very slow in answering because he attends a lot of clubs' meetings and is at most conventions. I know he does have the book available and will answer you when he is able. It is only Mike and his wife Robin and both go out of town together. You can also go to the Apistogramma Study Group site http://www.apisto.com but from what I have found they are still slower than Mike to respond. You decide: Mike $35; ASG $49.50.

ancientaquarist

5 Year Member
Roemer/Mergus Cichlid Atlas Vol. 1 availability.

Hi Dwarf Fans- This exceptional book is available from Mike Schaedle at
The Fish Factory. I got mine thanks to Z-man. Mike is VERY SLOW about answering E-mail. The book now costs 34.95 + shipping. Good price for copies in perfect condition.

I bought about a dozen titles from Mike. Often he is more expensive. I am quite disappointed with Kasselmann's Aquarium Plants-already terribly out-of-date and only 2 years old.

I would certainly contact fishlit about titles you seek. Mike is a fine and
gentlemanly person. I did go nuts over the Aqualog catalogs and hope to become rich in Panama and buy them all.

Mike carries most publishers except TFH-no great loss. Unfortunately he does not carry Wayne's Discus Book. I have bought about 60 dwarf and non-dwarf cichlid books in the past 12 weeks and will post an annotated list of those I feel warrant recommendations very soon.

Alles Gute-
ancientaquarist

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhays79

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….