• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Petition to stop fish painting.

Neil

nicola,
Good cause. This is just idiotic in my mind. There are so many nice species to choose from in the world without mutilating a perfectly good one to make it sell better. Way too many people are either very confused :? or very greedy. I signed the petition because if it makes even one person or organization think twice about selling these fish, it will help to slow the market of those who are creating them. Unfortunately, I think that there will always be a demand for thing like this. It is a shame.
Neil

aspen

5 Year Member
telling people to stop painting fish, cannot be said often enough, because, ime, most people who buy these fish are the absolute newbies, and they do it because they don't know any better. my daughter was sold a 15 gal community tank when she was 13 with a snail, a pleco, some tetras and a 3" red devil. we didn't see the other fish last long, but the red devil lived for around 12 years and was a pretty interesting fish.

imo, the fact that people buy these fish make it impossible for lfs's not to stock them, most lfs's cannot afford the luxury of being so careful with their morals, and not so concerned about their bottom line. but if the staff would just SHOW the new customers the nice interesting fish that aren't mutants (like parrots) or painted, maybe a lot more people would stick with the hobby. otoh, i guess most newbies kill their first tank of fish anyway... i know i have killed a few fish before i got the hang of it.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….