• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Panduros are breeding!

jak2304

Looks like my pair of panduros have spawned! I've only had them a couple of weeks and the female is hiding under a piece of red moor root. Can't see what's happening but can only be one reason for her doing this. She didn't come out for food (not that I could see lol) this afternoon. How long do the fry take to be free swimming?

I've got a spare tank and could do with some advice on how/what to feed the fry and set up the tank. Have only ever successfully raised guppy fry....:D

Brown Water

I would assume that they would be free swimming in about 5 days. In the spare tank I would use water from your current tank with a heater and I love those deep blue sponge filters (weighted base) so you get low water movement/current. As for food I use baby brine shrimp with a new batch being fed every 8 hours. I have read that they lose their nutritional values after 8 hours. So I will only feed a batch for 8 hours.

jak2304

thanks for the reply, Driftwood! Might be a false alarm tho....the female is no longer under the piece of wood but the info is great for next time - fingers crossed.

Brown Water

Give em a few try's. my hongsloi (knock on wood) got hold of it with their 2nd batch. And my aggies took 3 times to get it right. Lfs has some panduros I might grab Monday and give em a try if I can't find anything at the neca auction Sunday.

Brown Water

Lfs sold out of panduros, hongsloi have thrown another batch, and everything else has stopped breeding for me also! I think I need to start talking to my fish again...

Was contemplating buying some zebra danios just to lift my spirits on breeding fish. Rofl.

How are yours doing?

jak2304

the female has lost her yellow tinge so assuming that's not a good breeding sign..lol! I've got a new tank set up for the panduros, so gonna give it another try soon. Having to use it as a hospital tank atm for the neons and cardinals - whitespot!! :( Once I get that sorted and clean the tank the panduros can spend a few weeks in there, just to see what happens!

Brown Water

Ich? Easiest disease to treat IMO. Those ich meds seem to work really good. A lot better then most other treatments in my exp. Other people might have different views/luck with meds, but most of them don't work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mugsey2

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….