• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Taeniatus Woes

Joe Gatchell

Well, I finally sold my extra pair of p. taeniatus "lokoundje" last Thursday, and would you believe it? The male from my remaining pair was dead in his tank on Friday after I got home from work. I am not sure what he died from either. The female was out a little last night, but she is looking rough. Her sides appear to have some kind of lacerations? The only thing in the tank with her are 5 upside down cats (Never saw anything resembling aggression from them) and an African Butterfly fish and some baby bristlenose plecos (under 1"). Water chemistry is fine, I'm not sure what happened. So I am reduce from my original 7 taeniatus to one single apparently unhealthy female.

Worst luck I've had with fish in a long, long time. :frown:

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am very sorry to hear about your sudden bad luck. I am not sure what to think may have happened based on your description. I do not think that the catfish attacked them. It is possible that the red lacerations were a very rapid bacterial infection, but that is hard to prove post mortum.

Joe Gatchell

Thanks Ted, yeah I'm not sure what did her in. Ever since the camallanus ordeal things have been sketchy. I've got a few albino kribs I'm growing out in another tank so at least I still have some type of westie to work with. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….