• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What to now?

fyrefish

Hi,
Unfortunately, my male apistogramma died last night from dropsy. I tried my best to treat it, but it was a pretty harsh ilness for my first time treating a fish. However, there is one problem. I am left with a singular female. I know people keep community tanks with a single male and other fish, but is it possible with a female? I don't really want to get another male, as they might not 'pair' and I also don't think I'm ready to try breeding. If I can keep a community tank with her, what tankmates can I have? I really want to try keeping corydoras, but obviously that wasn't possible with a pair. Also, would small tetras work now that there are no eggs to be eaten? I really would like a large school of neons or cardinals. How many could I fit in a 3ft long, 130L tank? Also, same question with corys, what species and how many in the tank? I know they like to be in groups. All this assumes a community tank with the female is possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….