• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Humilis 'Fria' Vidio

LeviathanGirl

5 Year Member
After 4 years I finally get a new camera. This ones gotta vidio option. Totally awsome. Thought I'd try an take a Vidio of the p. humilis 'fria' pair I bought from Aquaticclarity and see what you guys thought. Ended up having to cut it into 3 pieces, but oh well. LOL

Set to the melodious sound of Stevie Ray Voughan's Little Wing. XD

LeviathanGirl

5 Year Member
This is my favorite tank to watch. Several times they've threatened to spawn, but for some reason they only tease me!! Every1 else is spawning rather well though. All I can do is keep their water clean, stuff them with food and hope for the best. I am partially thinking that its cause they are wild and wilds have always taken a bit longer to get to spawn. I may try tweeking the temp in their tank up by adding a heater and may end up having to toss some oak leaves in their tank like I had to with my hongsloi. I dunno why but for some of my fish, reguardless of species tossing in a bunch of leaves seems to encouragethem to spawn for me. LOL

Yes I have no heaters in my tanks. I havent used heaters for almost a year now. My house is simply kept at an appropriate level. So far everyone is happy, including the killies. I really dont want to use anymore heaters until I can come up with an easier way of heating multiple tanks of different sizes than having multiple chords plugged in all over the place. As it is right now I am proud to say that between all my tanks, both here in the diningroom and the 2 in my bedroom, somewhere around 24-26 tanks, I am only using 10 outlets and only that because the 2 upstaris both have canister filters and 2 lights each.

This is largely due to this wonderful 18 outlet airpump thats the size of my head which only admits a quiet whisper of a humm for noise. I cant find a manifold with more than 18 outlets to attach to the thing and so I have some of the air tubes coming offa it being split by smaller manifolds to help distribute more air. This bugger can handle far more tanks than it is already whithout any troubles darnit. I wanna boost it to its full potential, but I need to get my butt busy an build another shelf to fit into the one corner that isnt totally full of tanks. LOL Also I figure I can disassemble the shelf that holds 6 10 gallons sitting front view style and replace it with a shelf that holds 9 10 gallons side view style. I can fit at least 8 more 10 gallons, 2 more 20's and 10 more 2.5 gallons(for killies) in here if I get it arranged right. I've just been procrastinating. LOL That an I'd like to wait till some of these spawns are ready to go to new homes before I get started.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….